How to get to Budapest?
- Train in Europe: https://www.bahn.com/p_en/view/index.shtml
- Hungarian railway: https://www.mavcsoport.hu/en
- Carpooling suggestions: www.karzoo.eu/en
- Bike: find the Danube and follow it till Budapest
How to get from the airport to the city?
- Public transport: catch Bus 200E which starts in the front of the airport. Get off at the terminus, than use metro line M2.
- Taxi : www.taxi4.hu/en/index.php – around 25 euros
- Shuttle: https://www.minibud.hu/en – from 7 euros / person
Please check this page for additional information.
How to get to Corvinus University of Budapest (CUB):
The University is located at Fővám squre 8. in the 9th district of the city. The nearest metro station is Kálvin square (Kálvin tér) at the M2 metro line or Fővám tér at the M4 metro line. (Download a metro map here.) From the Kálvin square: if you come out of the metro station take tram number 47 or 49 going to the direction of the river Danube. Get off at the first station, at Fővám square. The University is right there on the left.
How to get to Central European University
From Kalvin Square to Deak Ferenc by tram 47-49 (or by Metro M3) and then on foot.
From Deak Ferenc square on foot
Transport within the city
Public transport can be used with tickets. (1 ticket = 350 HUF)
- Public transport timetables: www.bkk.hu/en/timetables/
- Tickets: www.bkk.hu/en/tickets-and-passes/prices/
We can suggest two hotels nearby the universities: